ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg]

[gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg] Request for input - wiki pages created

  • To: "gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg] Request for input - wiki pages created
  • From: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 02:37:45 -0800

Dear All,

As discussed during yesterday's meeting, I have now created different pages
on the 'thick' Whois wiki for each of the topics that are part of the WG's
charter. These are listed underneath the 'WG Documents' section (see
https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=37193914). The
objective is to gather information for each of these topics that are
relevant for the WG to review in the context of its deliberations. For
example, I've started inserting relevant sections from an ICANN new gTLD
memorandum on 'thick' Whois on the pages related to accessibility
(https://community.icann.org/display/PDP/c.+Accessibility) and privacy and
data protection
(https://community.icann.org/display/PDP/d.+Impact+on+privacy+and+data+prote
ction). If you have any suggestions for information to be included for the
different topics, please submit your suggestion as a comment to the relevant
page (if you scroll to the bottom of the page, you should see the option
'write a comment' if you are logged in) or alternatively, you can send me an
email off-list with the information and I'll include it for you.

I've also created a page for other Whois initiatives that may help inform
the WG deliberations (see
https://community.icann.org/display/PDP/Other+Whois+Activities). Again, if
there is any specific information from these initiatives that should be
referenced here, you can suggest it in a comment or share it with me
off-list.

Reminder: for those of you that have not done so yet, please complete your
Statement of Interest. If you do not provide a statement of interest, we'll
be forced to take you off the membership and mailing list.

You'll also find attached the proposed work plan as discussed during
yesterday's meeting.

With best regards,

Marika