ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg]

Re: [gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg] Dangers and risks of thick Whois

  • To: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg] Dangers and risks of thick Whois
  • From: Rick Wesson <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 09:47:57 -0800

There are about 5M organizations that were similarly effected by the
move from thick-thin with the .ORG transition.

Proxy registrations were not effected allowing for privacy protection.

5 million registrations operating for years as a thick-whois model
with not one demonstrable complaint should offer reasonable assurance
that the move for .NET and .COM would succeed as well.

Privacy can be maintained through a proxy as intended.

-rick