ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg]

[gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg] MP3 Thick Whois PDP Working Group - Tuesday 29 January 2013 at 15:00 UTC

  • To: "gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg] MP3 Thick Whois PDP Working Group - Tuesday 29 January 2013 at 15:00 UTC
  • From: Julia Charvolen <julia.charvolen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 13:30:45 -0800

Dear All,

The next  Thick Whois PDP Working Group call will be on 05 February 2013 at
15:00 UTC.

Please find the MP3 recording of the Thick Whois PDP Working Group call held on
Tuesday 29 January 2013 at 15:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-thick-whois-20130129-en.mp3

On page:  http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#jan

Calendar page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Marc Anderson – RySG
Roy Balleste – NCUC
Iliya Bazlyankov – RrSG
Don Blumenthal - RySG
Amr Elsadr – NCSG
Alan Greenberg – ALAC
Volker Greimann – RrSG
Caroline Hoover – RySG
Marie-Laure Lemineur – NPOC
Steve Metalitz – IPC
Jeff Neuman – RySG
Mikey O'Connor – ISPCP
Jill Titzer – RrSG
Jonathan Zuck – IPC

Apologies:
Wilson Abigaba – NCUC
Susan Prosser – RrSG
Frederic Guillemaut – RrSG
Avri Doria - NCSG

ICANN staff:
Marika Konings
Berry Cobb
Julia Charvolen

Mailing list archives:
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg/

Wiki page:
https://community.icann.org/x/whgQAg

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Julia Charvolen
For GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript:
Berry Cobb:Welcome to the 'thick' Whois PDP Working Group Meeting of 29 January
2013
  Mike O'Connor:The bridge is slow to enter today -- longer than normal hold
time.
  Don Blumenthal - Public Interest Registry:That's been a recurring issue for
me recently. Maybe "normal" is changing.
  Alan Greenberg:Dialing in now
  Carolyn Hoover:on the call now
  Marika Konings:And apologies from Wilson Abigaba
  Marika Konings:Volker Greimann has just joined the call
  Marie-laure Lemineur:hello oon the call now
  Jeff Neuman:I completely agree with Alan
  Marika Konings:Don has joined the bridge
  Marika Konings:Amr has joined the call
  Amr Elsadr:Just joined the call.
  Alan Greenberg:ccTLDs also
  Jonathan Zuck:Agree!
  Don Blumenthal - Public Interest Registry:I appreciate the realities
concerning who would be affected by a need to transition but I'm concerned
about VRSN-centric analyses.
  Volker Greimann:agree
  Jeff Neuman:I agree with Don
  Marie-laure Lemineur:agree too with Don
  Alan Greenberg:Don, I agree, but we also cannot ignore the reality of what
will need to be done if we recommend transition to thick.
  Roy Balleste:Agree with Alan
  Amr Elsadr:Agree with Alan..., if we are to recommend vrsn transition, we do
need to take a close look at it. That doesn't mean we don't consider other
registries.
  Jeff Neuman:@alon - yes, we need to condier the costs of verisign going from
thin to thick, but in the process, we do not have to create hypothetical,
unrealistic risks in order to justify why those costs shouldnt be spent
  Jeff Neuman:sorry - meant @alan
  Alan Greenberg:There has not been much on the sub-team list. I can send a
ling to the archive for those interested.
  Don Blumenthal - Public Interest Registry:Which subteam are we talking about?
  Marika Konings:Please note that the information concerning each sub-team,
including mailing list archives can be found here:
https://community.icann.org/display/PDP/9.+WG+Sub+Teams
  Amr Elsadr:SG/Constituencies were encouraged to provide minority views in
addition to the popular opinions, right?
  Don Blumenthal - Public Interest Registry:I support individual submissions. :)
  Amr Elsadr:Steve's comment makes sense to me, but since minority views were
encouraged, we were probable going to effectively get the same feedback from
the registries collectively or not.
  steve metalitz:I will also need to drop off momentarily.
  Marie-laure Lemineur:Alan, we can do that while doing the risk analiysis
  Don Blumenthal - Public Interest Registry:A lot of the transition concerns
will depend on the transition processes. The situation was different in many
ways but when do we engage our experts   group?
  Amr Elsadr:@Alan..., will do our best to make our concerns as clear as
possible. Thnx.
  Marie-laure Lemineur:thanks.
  Carolyn Hoover:Thx mikey