ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg]

Re: [gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg] i've started drawing pictures -- here's the first one

  • To: Volker Greimann <vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg] i've started drawing pictures -- here's the first one
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 09:49:32 -0500

At 04/02/2013 06:36 AM, Volker Greimann wrote:

Hi Mikey,
- "personal data" is meant in the sense that it's used in privacy policy/law. i'll let others who are a lot more knowledgeable fill in the details and will update the picture to make that clearer
I think we may want to stick to more defined terms as what is personal data and how it needs to be treated will differ between jurisdictions.

I therefore propose this differentiation instead, using established terms:

-"Registrant data" which is the data displayed in the whois
-"Underlying Registrant data" which is the data that would be in the whois, reflecting the actual registrant, but hidden due to the use of privacy/proxy services. -"Other data" which is data collected by the registrar that is not part of the whois.

Best,

Volker

:-)