ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg]

[gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg] [ICANN 51] Agenda for our Working Session on October 16

  • To: "gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg] [ICANN 51] Agenda for our Working Session on October 16
  • From: Fabien Betremieux <fabien.betremieux@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 23:39:16 +0000

Dear colleagues,

In advance of our meeting planned for Thursday 16 October, the Project Team
would like to share with you the following proposed agenda:
* Background on the Thick Whois Implementation Policy
* Implementation Consideration from the WG Final Report
* Impact of the Policy Recommendations on affected parties
* Current Status of Implementation
* Discussion of Proposed Next Steps
With this agenda, our objective is three-fold :
1. Provide context to potential community participants who may be relatively
new to the matter
2. Remind ourselves of prior achievements in the policy process
3. Discuss proposals for an effective and timely implementation of the
policy
As part of the Discussion of Proposed Next Steps, please be aware that we
would like to discuss the following topics with you :
* Decoupling the implementation of the two expected outcomes of the Policy:
transaction from thin to thick Whois for .COM, .NET, .JOBS on the one hand;
and consistent labeling and display of data for all gTLDs as per Spec 3 of
RAA 2013 on the other hand.
* Inviting experts from parties most affected by the transition from thin to
thick Whois, including from a representative sample of registrars, to to
work out implementation details
* Discussing the opportunity of synchronizing Thick Whois implementation
with the anticipated roll out of RDAP.
Finally, in response to prior discussion of the Legal Review, please find
attached a document providing more details on the scope of the legal
analysis currently underway.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if you would like to suggest
additional topics for discussion during our meeting.

Best Regards
--
Fabien Betremieux
Sr. Registry Services & Engagement Manager