ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-trans-pdp]

RE: [gnso-trans-pdp] Suggestions for Reasons 5 and 7

  • To: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-trans-pdp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-trans-pdp] Suggestions for Reasons 5 and 7
  • From: "Steele, Barbara" <BSteele@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 09:26:32 -0400

I agree that there are a fair number of inquiries, complaints and
disputes that arise as a result of the losing registrar denying
transfers for this reason.  In this particular case it would be up to
the the gaining registrar to file the dispute on the grounds that the
losing registrar inappropriately denied the transfer, specifically
citing the provision from the IRTP that has been violated (which I am
hopeful that they would be willing to do since they stand to gain a
customer with at least one, but possibly many, domain names).

I feel that PDP D, IRTP Dispute Policy Enhancements, is best left to
address the items relating only to the TDRP, including the need for
registrant education relating to transfer dispute options (issue #19)
and whether or not registrants should be able to raise a dispute
themselves (issue #16).

Barbara Steele
Compliance Officer
VeriSign Information Services
bsteele@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Direct: 703.948.3343
Mobile: 703.622.1071
Fax:  703.421.4873

21345 Ridgetop Circle
Dulles, VA  20166

Notice to Recipient:  This e-mail contains confidential, proprietary
and/or Registry Sensitive information intended solely for the recipient
and, thus may not be retransmitted, reproduced or disclosed without the
prior written consent of VeriSign Naming and Directory Services.  If you
have received this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender
immediately by telephone or reply e-mail and destroy the original