ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-trans-wg]

[gnso-trans-wg] Draft notes from conference call 6 February

  • To: "gnso-trans-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-trans-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-trans-wg] Draft notes from conference call 6 February
  • From: Olof Nordling <olof.nordling@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 04:17:57 -0800

Dear all,
I finally got around to summarize our call on 6 February, see brief notes
below. Hope I got it about right. Comments and corrections welcome as always.
Also, please note that a new call is scheduled for Wednesday 27 February at
16.00 UTC.
Best regards

Olof

meeting's outcomes for some items, with new conclusions as follows:

15. Conclusion: The first part is retained within the first issue group,
although rephrased as "Whether requirements should be in place for Registrars
of Record to send an FOA to the Registrant or Admin Contact". The second part
of 15 (reading: ",and/or receive the FOA back from Transfer Contact before
acking a transfer") is eliminated with reference to past debates when this was
deemed to make it easier for uncooperative Registrars of Record to delay or
block a transfer desired by the registrant.

5. and 6. Conclusion: to keep 5 and 6 separate, with 5 as comparatively "low
hanging fruit" in the first group, while 6 is more complex and might call for a
PDP on its own.

No other adjustments of previous conclusions for items in the first issue group
were deemed necessary.

As to the second issue group "Enhancements to the current transfer dispute
policy", the work started with one conclusion:

4. Conclusion: Concerns were expressed about the feasibility of 4, but it was
agreed to keep it on the list for the second group.

The next call is planned to take place on Wednesday 27 February at 16.00 UTC.