AW: [gnso-trans-wg] Revised Document
Hello, please excuse my tardiness but reading the latest document I have to bring up one more recommendation we should discuss. 9. m. Whether special provisions are needed for change of registrant simultaneous to transfer or within a period after transfer. The policy does not currently deal with change of registrant, which often figures in hijacking cases. (CT10.0) It should have come to my mind before but technically there is no such thing as a simultaneous change of registrant and registrar. The way the protocol works is that the transfer has always to be executed first before a change of registrant can be made. In fact the transfer itself has nothing to do with any registrant data it is purely a change in sponsorship from one registrar to another. A change of registrant after the completion of a transfer is in no way related to the transfer policy but subject to the RRA requirement 3.22: 3.2.2 Within five (5) business days after receiving any updates from the Registered Name Holder to the data elements listed in Subsections 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, and 22.214.171.124 for any Registered Name Registrar sponsors, Registrar shall submit the updated data elements to, or shall place those elements in the Registry Database operated by the Registry Operator. As I agree that both issues can be related especially in the case of hijacking changes I do not view this as a transfer issue and would therefore suggest to swop it into the pool of deleted recommendations. Best, tom _____ Von: owner-gnso-trans-wg@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-trans-wg@xxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Gomes, Chuck Gesendet: Donnerstag, 6. März 2008 00:31 An: gnso-trans-wg@xxxxxxxxx Betreff: [gnso-trans-wg] Revised Document Here is the latest version of our PDP recommendations as promised. Note that the changes we agreed to in today's call are highlighted; please verify that I have captured them correctly and communicate any errors on this list ASAP so that I can prepare a clean document by Monday of next week. Also note that there are two sections as follows that I added at the end of the document: 1) my summary of the discussion we had regarding ordering of the PDPs; 2) meeting details for next week that I repeat here: Wednesday, 12 March, 16:00 UTC (09:00 PDT Los Angeles, 11:00 CDT Cedar Rapids, 17:00 CET Brussels). This is one hour later than today's meeting - note that those of us in the U.S. will be on daylight savings time and I think I properly reflected that in the times shown. Action Items for Next Week All: review the attached document and communicate any corrections or suggested changes to this list NLT Sunday, 9 March Chuck: prepare a clean version of the attached document with added text to create a draft version of our recommendations for the Council and distribute it ASAP before next week's call Olof: prepare a draft version of text that will be integrated with Chuck's draft as part of the recommendations document to the Council (e.g., references to related documents, members of the WG, numbering scheme for recommendations and priorities, etc.) Agenda for Next Week 1. Finalize recommendations with regard to PDP order, priorities, etc. 2. Review and edit draft documents distributed by Chuck & Olof 3. Make plans for finalizing and sending our recommendations to the Council. Thanks for your cooperation, Chuck Gomes "This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized use, distribution, or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify sender immediately and destroy/delete the original transmission."