ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-travel-dt]

[gnso-travel-dt] Next Steps and Clarification request for Denise

  • To: "Greg Ruth" <greg_ruth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-travel-dt] Next Steps and Clarification request for Denise
  • From: "Olga Cavalli" <olgac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 18:08:26 -0200

Hi,
these are the next steps to follow after our conference call:

1- I drafted a text to ask Denise for Clarification. The text is included as
follows, please feel free to send me all changes and comments and also feel
free to enhance my English.

2- At the same time, we agreed to work in pararel other issues related with
the travel policy. We will not make another conference call before Cairo.

3- As agreed during the last call, each of us will prepare a text and send
it to me so I can start drafting the first version of a document.

Best regards and thanks for your active participation in the call today.
Olga

*DRAFT REQUEST FOR CLARIFICATION*

Dear Denise,

A drafting team formed by some GNSO Council Members is in the process of
elaborating a Travel Support Policy document for the administration of
Travel Funds for GNSO.

In this process and after two conference calls and some exchange of ideas,
we have realized that we need clarification of certain definitions and
concepts related with the future structure of the GNSO.

This clarification and related definitions will allow us to continue
drafting the Travel Support Policy Document.

As we understand, in the future structure of the GNSO, the Council will be
mainly divided into four stakeholder groups and constituencies will report
to each stakeholder group.

Taking this in consideration we would like to know, if the constituencies
will be the representatives in the GNSO or this role will be handled by each
stakeholder group.

This definition is relevant in relation with the travel funds, as they may
be recieved by constituencies or by the stakeholder groups.
It will very helpful to recieve your comments on this regard as soon as
possible, and also if you could meet with our drafting team during our next
face to face meeting in Cairo.