ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-travel-dt]

RE: [gnso-travel-dt] Re: [council] Comments in relation with GNSO travel funding and policy

  • To: Olga Cavalli <olgac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-travel-dt] Re: [council] Comments in relation with GNSO travel funding and policy
  • From: Kevin Wilson <kevin.wilson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 09:40:13 -0700

Hello Olga and travel support working group members:

A couple of points of clarification that might be helpful to you:

n  I think receiving a budget amount would be more problematic (and require
more of your time) than receiving "travel headcounts or even partial
headcounts" as we currently do, and ultimately will not solve the real issues.
I shared the reasons for this with Zahid after your meeting in Mexico City.  I
am happy to share more with the group by phone or in a follow up written
document, if you wish.

n  As far as the $13 million in "excess revenue", I think there is some
confusion on the numbers.  I spoke to Greg about this after your meeting as
well.   $67.6 million in FY10 budget revenue.   $54.3 million of FY10 Operating
expenses.  67.6-54.3=13.3mil.  However, in addition there is $5.9 million of
budget FY10 non cash expenses (e.g., bad debt and depreciation) and contingency
as well.   There also is assumed to be $7.4million contributed to the reserve
fund, which is less than the approximately $10 million contribution called for
in the Strategic Plan.

Also, I believe I promised to provide more details on the actual FY09
expenditures by group as well as the costs per trip used in our FY10 budgets.
Were there other #'s that the group expected me  to provide?

I hope this is helpful.

Kevin