ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Final charter proposal

  • To: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Final charter proposal
  • From: Jean-Christophe Vignes <jcvrussia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 12:14:52 +0300

Thanks everyone for the comments and edits. I am sorry that traveling (and
extremely difficult Internet access) has not allowed me to comment before now.

After careful consideration, I agree with Jeff that in Obj 2 - if we are to
look at existing gTLDs contract which I'm not sure we should - "current" is too
restrictive: let's go with existing.

as for 4 and 6, I have no problem with them written as is. As for 5, I
understand time may be short to change it again but I am not quite sure if the
objective is even reachable? As knowledgeable as we are we are not economists
and "determine what effect those changes will have on the market" may be
difficult, for the very reason that they could be so diverse.  I would be in
favor of removing the objective.

Warm regards,
JC