ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Final charter proposal

  • To: "'Stéphane Van Gelder'" <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>, <icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Final charter proposal
  • From: "Mike Rodenbaugh" <icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 10:24:24 -0800

Stephane,

I do appreciate your sentiments here.  Perhaps I took Milton too seriously
and got a bit farther ?down? with my emotion re ICANN.  I clearly was not
referring to useless calls of this DT (since I?ve missed the only one), but
to WG calls in general in the many WGs that I participate on.  I am bothered
that the discussion on those calls often is not well captured, or is
selectively captured, while much of the discussion often seems ignored.  In
short, I find list-lurking to be a much better use of time in policy
development and much more inclusive of people who are busy and live in
different timezones.  But I understand that others find the calls useful,
and that is their choice.

In any event, I was not intending to downplay any volunteer efforts, as they
are in short supply and much appreciated regardless of the perspective of
the volunteers.  Many perspectives are needed in order to develop balanced
policy.  I really just didn?t like Milton?s message to me and Kristina...

C?est la vie?

Mike Rodenbaugh

RODENBAUGH LAW

tel/fax:  +1 (415) 738-8087