ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

FW: [gnso-vi-feb10] Reminder, please comment on draft charter by 15 UTC tomorrow

  • To: <gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: FW: [gnso-vi-feb10] Reminder, please comment on draft charter by 15 UTC tomorrow
  • From: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 13:06:03 -0500

Now that I have network access:

The IPC strongly supports the objective 5 that we proposed for several reasons:

1.  It addresses what we believe are the most relevant aspect of any changes --
their possible effects.

2.  By seeking to identify possible effects, it seeks to respond to past
criticisms of GNSO policy making that possible effects of potential policy
changes were not adequately identified and/or considered.

3.  The other objective 5 overlaps considerably with objective 4, and asks only
if the label "material deviation" should apply to the differences identified
and articulated in objective 4.

-*-

There was a suggestion that the language of the "IPC" Objective 5 be revised
slightly:  change "consumers" to "registrants" and add "(c) on Internet users
in general".  It is a valid point and I defer to the DT.

Someone also pointed out that we have not defined "joint marketing".