ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10] FW: VI PDP Signup & SOI

  • To: "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] FW: VI PDP Signup & SOI
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 12:12:55 -0700

Forwarded From: Berry Cobb

Subject: VI PDP Signup & SOI

Glen,

Please add me to the VI PDP team.  I am already added to the list, as I
participated on the VI DT.  Attached is my SOI.  Thank you

1.       Current vocation, employer and position

President of Infinity Portals LLC

2.       Type of work performed in 1 above

Small business owner of Infinity Portals LLC; a domain portfolio management &
Services Consulting company; including domain investment activities and brand
content development across social, political, environmental, and information
technology channels.  My interest is the future landscape of the Internet and
DNS, and I am excited about the future gTLD expansion.  It will foster new
innovations and consumer choice.  However, I am also concerned about how
existing market issues may amplify or negatively increase as a result of the
expansion.  As such, I am strongly biased toward seeing consistency,
reliability, and predictability in all aspects of the market, but only where
feasible and favorable conditions exist.

3.       Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership
interest in registries, registrars or other firms that are interested parties
in ICANN policy or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or
other  arrangement

None

4.       Identify any type of commercial interest in ICANN policy development
outcomes.  Are you representing other parties?

None, and I do not represent any party other than myself, as a small business
owner, that depends upon the stability of the internet.  Nor am I affiliated
with any entity interested in applying for new gTLDs.

5.       Describe any arrangements or agreements between you and any other
group, constituency or person(s) regarding your nomination or selection as an
advisory group team member

None, I volunteered.  However, as a member of the Business Constituency, I
intend to disseminate important outcomes of this Working Group to the BC as
appropriate.

6.  Geographic Region associated with the nationality of volunteer (Africa,
North America, Latin America/Caribbean, Asia/Australia/Pacific and Europe)

 --- North America (United States)

7.       Stakeholder Group(s) in which volunteer currently participates within
the ICANN organization

GNSO - Business Constituency

I am also an active member on three GNSO sponsored working groups (PEDNER,
IRTPB, & RAP)

Berry A. Cobb
Infinity Portals LLC