ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10] Jeff Neuman Statement of Interest

  • To: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>, "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] Jeff Neuman Statement of Interest
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 09:36:07 -0400

All,

Please find enclosed my statement of interest for the VI Working Group.  Has a
wiki been established where these will be posted?

1.       Current vocation, employer and position

                    I currently serve as the Vice President of Law & Policy for
NeuStar, Inc., the domain name registry for the .biz and .us top-level domains.

2.       Type of work performed in 1 above

                    In this role, I am responsible for all legal and policy
issues with respect to the .biz and .us TLDs as well as for various other
non-registry lines of business within NeuStar.  In addition, NeuStar may be
pursuing new top-level domains both as a front end and as a back-end registry
operator.

3.       Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership
interest in registries, registrars or other firms that are interested parties
in ICANN policy or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or
other  arrangement

                    NeuStar is the domain name registry for .biz and .us as
well as the back-end operator for .travel and .tel.  As a Vice President within
NeuStar, I am in a senior leadership position and I do own a very small de
minimus amount of equity.  NeuStar does not own or have any interest in any
domain name registrar, nor is it owned in any way by an ICANN-accredited
Registrar.  Neustar is not involved currently in any other constituency or
stakeholder group other than the RySG within ICANN.

4.       Identify any type of commercial interest in ICANN policy development
outcomes.  Are you representing other parties?

                    Other than being a "contracted party" bound by Consensus
Policies, as defined in the .biz top-level domain agreement, and pursuing new
gTLDs, NeuStar does not have any other commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy
development outcomes.

5.       Describe any arrangements or agreements between you and any other
group, constituency or person(s) regarding your nomination or selection as an
advisory group team member

                    I currently serve as the alternate chair for the gTLD
Registries Constituency and as the official gTLD Constituency representative
for .biz.  However, the gTLD Registry Stakeholder group has yet to decide who
from the RySG will be formally representing it in this Working Group.  Thus,
absent a statement to the contrary, I represent the interests of Neustar.

6.       Geographic Region associated with the nationality of volunteer
(Africa, North America, Latin America/Caribbean, Asia/Australia/Pacific and
Europe)

 --- North America (United States)

7.       Stakeholder Group(s) in which volunteer currently participates within
the ICANN organization
I currently am in the Registries Stakeholder Group.

Jeffrey J. Neuman

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use
of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this
e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying
in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original message.