ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Draft agenda for the VI WG call next week

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Draft agenda for the VI WG call next week
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:13:58 -0400

Stéphane, Jeff, Chuck,

One thing we have is several statements of position, from the
pre-Seoul webinar, and from the Seoul debate Staff organized.

These all could use some updating and perhaps some simplification,
down to the statements of common principles (to two or more of the
existing positions) and statements of divergence, as simple as
possible, but not more so.

These don't require unified calls, and when ready for review, again
unified calls may not be necessary.

These give us our choices, our directions -- change towards this goal
for this rational, change towards that goal for possibly the same,
possibly different rational, and of course, make no change, with all
the supporting rationals for non-change.

The more material we move to asych communication, like email and
workspaces, the less work we have to try and fit into the narrow slots
of least objectionable timezones.

Eric