ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10] FW: Statement of Interest for VI WG from K.Kleiman

  • To: "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] FW: Statement of Interest for VI WG from K.Kleiman
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 04:51:59 -0700

-----Original Message-----
Forwarded From: Kathy Kleiman

Statement of Interest for Vertical Integration Working Group From Kathy Kleiman

1.Current vocation, employer and position:

I current serve as Director of Policy for .ORG, The Public Interest Registry
(PIR).

2.Type of work performed in 1 above:

In this role, I lead the development of policy for PIR.

3.Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership interest in
registries, registrars or other firms that are interested parties in ICANN
policy or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or other
arrangement:

PIR is the registry for .ORG, and I currently serve on PIR's Executive
Management Committee.

4. Identify any type of commercial or non-commercial interest in ICANN GNSO
policy development processes and outcomes. Are you representing other parties?
Describe any arrangements/agreements between you and any other group,
constituency or person(s) regarding your nomination/selection as a work team
member. Describe any tangible or intangible benefit that you receive from
participation in such processes. For example, if you are an academic or NGO and
use your position to advance your ability to participate, this should be a part
of the statement of interest, just as should employment by a contracted party,
or a business relationship with a non- contracted party who has an interest in
policy outcomes.

In this working group I represent .ORG, the Public Interest Registry. In the
interest of full disclosure, I note that I am co-founder of the Noncommercial
Users Constituency and worked on many policy issues on behalf of this group
prior to joining PIR.