ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Idea of Phasing

  • To: "'Richard Tindal'" <richardtindal@xxxxxx>, Neuman Jeff <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, Van Gelder Stéphane <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>, Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>, Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>, "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Idea of Phasing
  • From: Jeff Eckhaus <eckhaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 16:52:30 -0700

So that is the interesting part, the resolution could be read in many different
ways. I know one large existing registry that believes the resolution means
cross ownership is really allowed but you cannot distribute your own TLD and
that is how they are moving forward.

I do not agree with their interpretation or the "strict" interpretation below,
but just shows that everyone has their own interpretation. Some are
interpreting in a very loose way and nobody is saying they are wrong.

That being said, I agree that we need to move forward with this WG because
while we would like Staff to clarify the Board resolution there is a good
chance it will never happen.

Jeff