ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Idea of Phasing

  • To: "Milton L Mueller" <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Idea of Phasing
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 07:41:34 -0700

Milton,

I agree for the most part. But I would add regarding brand or TM TLDs
that it depends on intended use. Strict internal use only is one thing
as contemplated by the single entity concept (the registry operator is
also the only registrant). But as soon as we get beyond that there are
other considerations, especially when you consider how certain existing
gTLDs with restrictions have been morphed over time.

And perhaps it goes without saying, but VI in any form must still
require registrar accreditation in my opinion.

Tim