ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10] FW: Application to Participate Vertical Integration Working Group

  • To: "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] FW: Application to Participate Vertical Integration Working Group
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 06:10:35 -0700

Forwarded From: Charles WANG

Dear Madam, Sir,

I'm Charles Wang from HiChina, an ICANN registrar in China. We are paying
attention on the New gTLDs program from years ago. We think the New gTLDs is a
very significant project which will improve the Internet world wide. So that I
sincerely would like to participate Vertical Integration WG as a volunteer to
do some contribution.

The following is my template for Statement of Interest:

1. Current vocation, employer and position
Senior Product Manager of HiChina.

2. Type of work performed in 1 above
In charge of domain products including research of New gTLDs project.

3. Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership interest in
registries, registrars or other firms that are interested parties in ICANN
policy or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or other
arrangement
None

4. Identify any type of commercial interest in ICANN policy development
outcomes.  Are you representing other parties?
As one of the biggest registrar in China, HiChina would like to involve and
develop the New gTLDs program in China. HiChina and I are very interested in
when and how the New gTLDs will be introduced. And we think the issue of
vertical integration is a important part for our future strategic vision.  I do
not represent any specific parties on this Working Group.

5. Describe any arrangements or agreements between you and any other group,
constituency or person(s) regarding your nomination or selection as an advisory
group team member
None

6. Geographic Region associated with the nationality of volunteer (Africa,
North America, Latin America/Caribbean, Asia/Australia/Pacific and Europe)
China

7.  Stakeholder Group(s) in which volunteer currently participates within the
ICANN organization
None

Sincerely hope you can accept my application. And please contact me if you have
any questions.

Best regards,

Peng WANG
Senor Product Manager    Product Dept.

HiChina-the leading Internet application service provider
Website: www.net.cn<http://www.net.cn/>   www.mynet.cn<http://www.mynet.cn/>