ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] What do we mean by "single registrant"?

  • To: Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Tim Ruiz'" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] What do we mean by "single registrant"?
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 18:19:42 -0400

>Noted.
>I will do my best in order not to let this discussion delay consensus
>building on other aspects.
>Cheers,
>R.

I thought we had agreed to a phased treatment of this issue.
Anyway, we do have one announcement by a major brand (.canon) so the idea that
this is a solution in search of a problem is clearly wrong.
I would be amenable to defining SR or brand TLDs as a second-phase issue that
needs to be treated a bit more cautiously. The problem with these calls to
avoid the issue is that they all are coming from people with a vested economic
interest in putting it off....forever.

--MM