ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: FW: [gnso-vi-feb10] Weekly status report -- good

  • To: Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: FW: [gnso-vi-feb10] Weekly status report -- good
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 13:08:47 -0400

Co-Chair Roberto,

I appreciate that items not on the agenda Friday, the anti-trust memo
and Kathy's proposal, are on the agenda mid-Monday.

It is my hope that making the minority cap proposal, whether for the
pre-Nairobi status quo, or for symmetry (a cap on registrar ownership
in a registry), available via email will be as effective as using call
time, though I could be wrong. I think details, questions on the
unclear parts of any proposal, are a better use of voice time than
initial presentation. It is a choice of style, and I could be wrong
there too.

Last week I requested separate call-time resources for policy
development not dependent upon the single registrant question. I don't
know about prophecy, but I do think it would be less conflicted if
those pursuing SR above any other goal and those pursuing goals other
than SR weren't in contention for a single resource.

Eric