ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10] Slightly off-topic, RFI pre-announcement, discad if uninterested

  • To: "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] Slightly off-topic, RFI pre-announcement, discad if uninterested
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 11:28:03 -0400

All,

A RFI will be issued in about 10 days time by a party interested in
getting a wide range of responses from registry back end providers.

I was asked to provide contacts, and I have, for those I know of.

The eventual application is of type "standard", a non-Latin IDN
string, optionally with an associated Latin string, and, at the risk
of mixing topic and off-topic into a pun, unexceptional, though with
potentially interesting "vertical integration" issues.

Interested parties can drop me a note and I'll pass along their
contact details to the RFI issuing party, or wait until the RFI is
issued, and I'll make the announcement here.

If I know you're a registry operator, then I've already passed on your
contact details.

Thanks in advance for everyone's patience with a note of only
potential VI import.

Eric