ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Slightly off-topic, RFI pre-announcement, discad if uninterested

  • To: "'Eric Brunner-Williams'" <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Slightly off-topic, RFI pre-announcement, discad if uninterested
  • From: "Michael D. Palage" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 11:59:41 -0400

Eric,

I appreciate you sharing a potential business model that may not have been
captured in the original survey Team MMA prepared or in the business models
that others have discussed. Making sure that we appreciate the full range of
business models that any ICANN policy may have to accommodate is important.

My only concern would be this list becoming distracted by applicants trying
to promote/hype their proposed string or services. It is a fine line we walk
but just wanted to raise this point. However, if this RFP raises interesting
vertical integration issues as you have indicated than please by all means
share it publicly.

Best regards,

Michael