ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] call for agenda items

• To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>, <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] call for agenda items
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 16:24:01 +0100

Hi Mikey,

Ive decided to do my proposal next Monday . I ll rehearse it for 10 mins duration. Margie, Ill send over by close of business today. It will become clearer - but I would like others on the WG "to run it" ( of course that is if everybody wants to press ahead with it) - which would allow me to be an evaluator.

AOB . I noticed that "audit " came into conversations yesterday. As an accountant / ex auditor , in the context of VI , this is yet something else that needs to be thrown into the mix( I feel). Would it possible /allowed to get David Giza , Head of Compliance / Audit for ICANN in on a call one week ?

Economists ? Salop/ Wright re MMA proposal - Good idea

Good luck to those to fellow Northern Europeans try to get to meetings via plane in the next week ! . Amazing sunsets as a result of the "volcanic dust" .

regards

Phil

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2010 1:49 PM
Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] call for agenda items

hi all,

here's a preview of the agenda for the call next Monday -- and a call for any crucial items that i may have missed.

in overview, this call will be pretty heavily weighted toward content and hardly any process. i'm always navigating between the camps who want more content vs those who want to know where we're going. i strayed pretty far in the process direction last week and received some bracing negative feedback. :-)

-- hear from proposal advocates

this week we'll spend the bulk of the call hearing from all proposal-advocates. we'll take an hour of the call and split it evenly between all advocates who want to talk. so you advocate type people, think in terms of roughly 10 minutes each which you can spend any way you want.

-- possibly-maybe hear from the economists

this is another hold over from earlier agendas. Roberto and i agreed that it would be helpful to provide the WG the opportunity to ask questions of the folks who wrote the report. we're not sure whether we can get them on the call, but it we can we'll drop them into the agenda this week or next.

-- talk about evaluation criteria

we've got a great turn out for the Evaluation Team, so we'll spend about 15 minutes having a conversation about evaluation criteria to kick them off. we are thinking that the first job of (the as-yet unnamed) evaluation team should be to spend a week or two focused on refining evaluation criteria. this doesn't mean that the rest of us don't get to provide input, only that they will do the heavy lifting and make sure that we've got a workable draft. so we may want to have a bit of conversation on the list prior to the call, but we'll spend some of our time having a conversation about this.

that's it.  all content, all the time.  :-)

do people have any other items they'd like to see on the agenda?

mikey

- - - - - - - - -
phone 651-647-6109
fax  866-280-2356
web www.haven2.com
handle OConnorStP (ID for public places like Twitter, Facebook, Google, etc.)

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy