ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Another angle on allowing VI/CO

  • To: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Another angle on allowing VI/CO
  • From: Antony Van Couvering <avc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 17:20:15 -0700

In Saxony they speak German; in Bangkok they speak Thai, along the Nile they
may speak one of ten different languages.  Building a single registrar to
service these different communities will be difficult and will definitely
create a bad user experience.

Now, what happens if one of those registries decides to pull out?