ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Merged Proposal

  • To: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Merged Proposal
  • From: Jon Nevett <jon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 12:02:53 -0400

Eric,

First 18 months, 15% cap unless:

Single Registrant -- SR and employees only (no 3rd parties)
Community -- fewer than 30k names
Orphan -- good faith showing of no interest and fewer than 30K names

After 18 months, 15% cap unless:

ICANN amends criteria based on community and external inputs.

One important distinction is that our proposal permits any entity to apply to
be a RO, they just can't distribute the names through an affiliated registrar
(ICANN accredited or not) unless they fall in one of the exceptions or the
criteria is changed after 18 months.  Other proposals wouldn't permit certain
entities from even applying to be a RO.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

Jon