ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Go Daddy position and proposal

  • To: "gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Go Daddy position and proposal
  • From: Jeff Eckhaus <eckhaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 10:00:12 -0700

Tim,

Thanks for sending in your proposal and have a question on your proposal which
I hope we can address on the call today.

The .ME domain which I believe is managed / co-owned by Afilias, GoDaddy and
the government of Montenegro has been a great success story of the past year.
The domain is being featured on Facebook and multiple other social media
platform and is growing all the time.

In your proposal you have stated you feel there is a potential harm to
registrants if the ownership level goes above 15%. Could you please describe
GoDaddy and Afilias's experience with .ME and what was done to prevent any harm
and gaming?

Thanks

Jeff Eckhaus