ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] The missing part

  • To: "'Eric Brunner-Williams'" <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] The missing part
  • From: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 22:46:44 +0200

Eric,

> Roberto, you may recognize this as the original, IHAC period
> SRS proposal, which then proposed to create the locus of
> competition in the registry function, rather than in the
> registrar function.

I do indeed.
My question is, to you and all, whether 13 years later, and in a marketplace
that has changed dramatically, this is still a viable option.
We can add it in the matrix that is now being build, but my personal
impression is that it is not likely to gather consensus.
But it is indeed a legitimate option.
Cheers,
Roberto