ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10] Adobe Connect Notes and Chat Transcript from today's Vertical Integration WG Call

  • To: "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] Adobe Connect Notes and Chat Transcript from today's Vertical Integration WG Call
  • From: Margie Milam <Margie.Milam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 11:43:40 -0700

Dear All,

Please find below the notes/chat from today's call.

Best Regards,
Margie

___________

Margie Milam
Senior Policy Counselor
ICANN
___________
AGENDA VI Call 10 May 2010
_________________
-review agenda -- 5 min
- roll call -- 1 min
- approach to tables -- 15 min
- contents of tables -- 45 min
- intro to Eric's proposal -- 15 min
- other business -- 10 min
__________________
Notes:
-Kathy Kleiman reviewed the simplified Matrix she distributed.
-Jeff N indicated that the proposers should review for accuracy if the KK
Matrix is used.
-Jon Nevett suggests breaking out equal access principles as follows:
1- use of registrars
2- equal access for all registrars
3- discrimination among registrars
-Tim R. concern that the Matrix may not be flexible enough as a tool to assess
consensus.  Consensus positions may change as the proposal changes.
-Milton suggests that Matrix should reflect where positions are reciprocal
-Analysis Sub-Team should review/revise Matrix as appropriate and update it.
-Proposers should review their row for accuracy.
-Jeff N points out that consensus for certain principles are dependent upon
certain assumptions.   If the assumptions change, then the proposer's views on
other principles change.
-Mikey suggests we should identify what the primary dependencies are so that
subsequent decisions would fall in place.
 -Mikey questions rule restricting participants of analysis team to those that
did not submit a proposal;  would like Kathy K's assistance on that team.
-Milton questions why we need an analysis team anymore.
 -Mikey announced that analysis team may no longer be restricted, and will
consider whether there is even a need for an analysis team.
-Ry Statement is still in effect, although the RySG may update it.
-Rr Statement may need to be updated;  Question on whether additional time can
be allowed for the SG/C to conclude their work.
-Mikey suggests that the constituency statement/SG statements be included in
the Matrix if members of the SG/C would like it to be included.
-Jeff E-  suggestion only to include proposals, not general statements in the
matrix;  Mikey agrees.
-Analysis Team meeting cancelled after this call.
-Brussels discussion-  Mikey questions whether we need a face to face meeting
in Brussels; discusses an informational meeting on the status of the working
group.
 -Margie to check on AGB v -4 to see if there will be a placeholder regarding
the Board resolution approach.