ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Proposed draft message to ICANN staff

  • To: "'Eric Brunner-Williams'" <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Proposed draft message to ICANN staff
  • From: "Brian Cute" <briancute@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 14:40:17 -0400

Ron and Eric,

Thanks for the reactions and let me clarify.  I am not "overly optimistic"
nor do I view DAG4 as the end of the road.  The reason I thought this type
of communication might be necessary goes back to DAG3.  ICANN Staff added
"options" in DAG3 for vertical integration that many in the RySG felt did
not reflect suggestions and inputs we had provided to Staff -- in short, we
didn't know where some of the options came from.  The reason I think the
communication I suggested could be useful is to avoid the possibility of
Staff putting an updated placeholder of its own creation into DAG4 in the
absence of a placeholder from the VIWG.  And by placeholder from the VIWG, I
do not mean an interim proposal.  I simply mean a notation that the VIWG is
in the process of developing a proposed policy recommendation should suffice
in DAG4.  No more, no less.

Regards,
Brian