ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] VI - An RSP Question..

  • To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] VI - An RSP Question..
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 14:45:03 -0400

Hi,

Of course.  It can happen as part of a marketing deal, over tea and crumpets or
even as pillow talk.

But in a cross-ownership depending on whether it is an arms length co-ownership
or a down the hall co-ownership, and depending on the percentages involved and
the degree of control agreed upon (and I assume that when we say co-ownership
we mean %age and control) it can become a real issue.

That is part of the reason why I have a concern with any solution that is one
size fits all or any solution that does not consider the roles of RSP and
Resellers - and other chunks that might get spun off if we specify rules for
RSPs and Resellers

a.