ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10] action-items from yesterday's call (former thread: VI Definition List)

  • To: Jeff Neuman <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] action-items from yesterday's call (former thread: VI Definition List)
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 07:42:35 -0500

hi Jeff,

argh.  Margie wasn't on the call and i forgot to take notes.  here's a blurry
summary through my foggy memory.

-- Michael Palage and Brian Cute summarized the new versions of their
respective proposals

-- Kurt Pritz briefly summarized the status of the DAG and let us know that
there is VI language in two sections of the document -- the body and the
Contracts section.

-- i recall two broad action items for all proposal-advocates

1) using Berry's definitions-list as a starting point checklist, try to include
definitions of key terms in your proposals.  Brian acknowledged lifting some
language from your proposal, Jeff.  i encourage this kind of behavior for all.
:-)  the conversation that led up to this started at minute 49 in the MP3.

1a) one specific definition got called out for special attention -- what
definition of the term "market" is being used in your respective proposals?
does it mean a single TLD, all gTLDs, all TLDs?  my summary of this specific
part of the "definitions" action item starts around minute 43 of the MP3
recording, Alan's question is raised at minute 29.

2) describe (or highlight, if you've already described) the mechanism your
proposals provide to address harms, if they are identified as occurring.  this
was the result of a pretty lively discussion around the draft list of harms
that i circulated to the list just before the meeting.   the harms-list
conversation kicked off around 1:09 on the MP3 and my summary/call-for-text
happens at 1:27.

On May 31, 2010, at 5:15 PM, Neuman, Jeff wrote:

> Sorry I was not able to be on the call due to the holiday.  Is there someone
> that can summarize the action items, decision points, and next steps from the
> meeting?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jeffrey J. Neuman
> Neustar, Inc. / Vice President, Law & Policy
>

> The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use
> of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or
> privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you have
> received this e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination,
> distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have
> received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and delete
> the original message.

phone   651-647-6109
fax             866-280-2356
web     www.haven2.com