ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] for the call today -- List of Harms

  • To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] for the call today -- List of Harms
  • From: Jeff Eckhaus <eckhaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 10:01:35 -0700

Hi Mikey,

On the call today could we discuss the harms list and the next steps towards
differentiating the potential harms based on cross-ownership or not and maybe
at different levels.  Some of the potential or claimed harms that are on the
list have nothing to do with cross-ownership. For example it states Domain
Registration abuse as a harm from cross-ownership. To me this is the equivalent
of stating spam will happen due to cross-ownership, it exists now and is a
harm, but has nothing to do with cross-ownership.

Some are  more dislikes in the current system. For example one of the harms
listed is withhold high value names. This has nothing to do with cross
ownership and it exists now in our system as many of the existing Registries
have applied via RSEP to auction off the high value names that they held back.

I know we are still working towards it, and would like to prioritize this piece
if possible

Thanks

Jeff Eckhaus