ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Neustar Concerns with Afilias Proposals

  • To: <vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Neustar Concerns with Afilias Proposals
  • From: "Mike Rodenbaugh" <icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 10:46:41 -0700

I agree with these comments from Jeff N., Statton, Gray and Volker, and
furthermore with Milton's comments in response to Jeff N. today.

There is no apparent value in CO or VI restrictions.  They have probably harmed
existing, more recent gTLDs, to the benefit of various ccTLDs that have no such
restrictions, and to the benefit of existing registry operators who have
greater market power.  I believe any future restrictions will harm many new
gTLD applicants and operators, for no useful purpose whatsoever.

Mike Rodenbaugh
RODENBAUGH LAW
tel/fax:  +1 (415) 738-8087
http://rodenbaugh.com