ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Caution about results from Original Poll

  • To: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Caution about results from Original Poll
  • From: Jothan Frakes <jothan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 10:07:31 -0700

I wasn't confused at all about the poll.

These are complex issues and it was a matter of picking the proposal that
had the most of what one agrees with and the least of what one disagreed
with.

It would be inappropriate, I think, to take the results of the poll as
anything indicative of group conscience without indicating it was a rough
poll.

Free trade seemed to me like a write in vote, almost like writing in the
name homer simpson when casting your vote if you don't like any of the
parties or candidates during election time.

The newer, atomic poll seems a wise place to gauge the group.

On a lighter note, I concur with Jeff on his assessment of the chaos that
ensues with ice cream and 5 year olds.  I think if we could have hamster
wheels at these birthday parties that could be tied to generators, many
energy problems could be lessened.  But let's not keep on that topic for
fear I be branded a proponent of child labor.  Just thinking about the
environmental impact.

jothan frakes