ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] SRSU

  • To: "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] SRSU
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 15:43:28 -0400

Tim:
What's the public interest rationale for your opposition? I see lots of "I
don't want...." but not much "here's why it is better policy not to..."
Now I do understand how forcing TM owners to pay fees for
non-revenue-generating domain names tilts the playing field in favor of
registrars like yours, but I don't see much to be said for it other than that.

From: owner-gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of tim@xxxxxxxxxxx

I don't believe everyone is ok with SRSU. I'm not. I don't want to designate
such a special entity, at least for the first round, for numerous reasons
including all the issues that would need to be resolved first. Besides, the
reserved name list provides a way for a .brand or .tm RO to safely get 90% or
more of what they are looking for.

Tim