ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Consensus definitions

  • To: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Consensus definitions
  • From: Baudouin SCHOMBE <b.schombe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 13:32:22 +0100

Below are various aspects to be in contact in terms of "CONSENSUS"

* Consensus is a general agreement (tacit or overt) among members of a
group, can afford to take a decision without a vote. ...

* Agreement of several people, several texts on a given subject

* An agreement is an agreement between several persons implies the notion of
consent. The term also refers to the agreement, even if not explicit, a
strong majority of public opinion.

* Procedure the negotiated decision. The consensus is actively seeking the
consent of the broader effort exceeded cleavages and political obstacles,
the attempt to reconcile different positions, even contradictory.

* General Agreement characterized by the absence of opposition on important
issues from the majority of stakeholders and based on a process to take into
account the views expressed and resolve any conflicting element. ...

In my humble opinion, the President before taking any decision will have to
resort to some case, let me borrow this legal term.

SCHOMBE BAUDOUIN
COORDONNATEUR DU CENTRE AFRICAIN D'ECHANGE CULTUREL (CAFEC)
COORDONNATEUR NATIONAL REPRONTIC
MEMBRE FACILITATEUR GAID AFRIQUE
GNSO and NCUC MEMBER (ICANN)

Téléphone mobile: +243998983491/+243999334571
                          +243811980914
email:                   b.schombe@xxxxxxxxx
blog:                     http://akimambo.unblog.fr
siège temporaire : Boulevard du 30 juin Immeuble   Royal, Entrée A,7e
niveau.