ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] call for agenda items -- 5-July call

  • To: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] call for agenda items -- 5-July call
  • From: Jothan Frakes <jothan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 17:10:14 -0700

Eric-

Although I agree with you and your message that there are more things to
resolve than to focus on SR, I think that we can't pause it because SR
solutions, at very least for brands, has to be sorted in the whole process
so that brands who are shifting from ""destroy" to "resist" and on their way
to "apply" as a stance on new TLDs don't revert back to their first mode and
crush the momentum it seems like we have from the board and community on new
TLDs.

I am not suggesting in any way that ONLY brands deserve SR.  I am suggesting
that there should be some way forward for brands to see a compatibility with
their models (vis a vis SR) as a product of our efforts.

Additionally, there are interdependances that need to remain in focus with
how an SR scenario would fit in within the framework of other exceptions to
Board/DAGv3 this group produces.

-Jothan

Jothan Frakes
+1.206-355-0230 tel