ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] call for agenda items -- 5-July call

  • To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] call for agenda items -- 5-July call
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 19:02:41 -0400

anything else on your minds that you'd like included in the agenda?

Well, I for one would like dropping the SR nonsense into a deep hole until after we've succeeded in solving non-edge cases like whether we're going to eliminate all current registries, or eliminate all current registrars, from all real application types, or simply sprinkle magic pixie dust on all things integrated and wonderful and let Dog, the Market, and a historically under-resourced compliance function sort out what might benefit the consumers, if we could differentiate the few new gTLD consumers from the 100 million or so legacy gTLD consumers.

Eric