ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] SRSU

  • To: <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] SRSU
  • From: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 01:27:18 -0400

We're definitely getting there.

As for the fees, that's my personal view, not the IPC view.  I don't
mind them because I don't believe SRSU/SRMU will be "cost free" to
ICANN.  For example, there will be costs associated with compliance
(even if limited to receiving and reviewing monthly reports).  Plus,
they'll now be eligible for all the "constituency support" activities in
the budget from which the CSG and NCSG have been excluded. :-)  I'm
assuming that the money comes from the registry fees.  (If not, I take
it all back.)  I'm not, however,  persuaded that the fees necessarily
should be on the same scale for an SRSU or SRMU with 50 names as they
should be for a .whatever with 1 million names.