ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] SRSU/SRMU

  • To: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] SRSU/SRMU
  • From: Volker Greimann - Key-Systems GmbH <vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 14:32:29 +0200

Hi Kristina,

effectively, you are proposing to have strict rules and regulations, but these should please not apply for your constituency. Effectively, any trademark that existed before your cutoff date could apply for its own TLD, which it would also be able to sell and distribute directly, if it so wishes.

I disagree with your allowing SRMU and MRMU models without equal registrar access, obviously, and refer to my previous messages to that regard.

I also disagree with the partisan approach of if ok is a trademark owner does it, but no one else is good enough for these exceptions. What makes trademark owners special of such special consideration?

I've attached a condensed version of the IPC Constituency Statement. (I've removed all of the template language.) It contains the numerous conditions and limitations we recommended and I thought those may be helpful to the SRSU group. I've fallen behind on the list, but plan to start with the 1 July posts and work forward.

Volker