ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] vertical relationships in the domain name mkt

  • To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] vertical relationships in the domain name mkt
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 09:06:15 -0400

Hi,

this goes along very well with the way i would like to see the interpretations
go.

- one does not need to use registrars at all.
- but if they do, they must be ICANN accredited registrars.

This was a position I took at the beginning of the VIWG discussions but left
behind for the stagnated world of exceptions because it seemed to be in a
radical minority.  but still I believe this real world solution is the most
reasonable.

a.