ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Another drafting effort -- "Response to DAGv4 2% limitation"

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>, "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Another drafting effort -- "Response to DAGv4 2% limitation"
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 09:49:47 -0400

If we are adding percentages to a poll, I would like to see 5% added as that is
the minimum required for public companies (NOTE - I DID NOT SAY INCUMBENTS) to
be able to apply to be a registry.  Avri, please take my note seriously.  If
the percentage is between 0-5%, no public company (or any company wanting to be
public) would be eligible to apply because they would not know who owns between
2and 5%.  In fact, some have equated the right to own shares of a company and
not disclose ownership their interests as an element of "free speech" (a right
I have noticed you champion in a number of different contexts :)).

Jeffrey J. Neuman

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use
of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this
e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying
in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original message.