ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10] suggested edits & questions

  • To: Margie Milam <Margie.Milam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] suggested edits & questions
  • From: Ken Stubbs <kstubbs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 14:46:01 -0400

 Ken Stubbs wrote:

some suggested edits:

pg 4 : paragraph currently reads:

As described more fully below, the VI Working Group has not reached a consensus on any recommended proposed model on vertical integration for the New gTLD Program. However, several principles are supported by a [consensus] of the VI Working Group members. A [consensus] of VI Working Group supports the principle that compliance, and enforcement thereof, should be a fundamental part of the New gTLD Program. As a result, a detailed compliance program should be defined, and appropriate resources should allocated by ICANN, as it finalizes its implementation details for the New gTLD Program

suggested wording: (change in parens)
As described more fully below, the VI Working Group has not reached a consensus on any "proposals" on vertical integration for the New gTLD Program. However, several principles are supported by a [consensus] of the VI Working Group members. A [consensus] of VI Working Group supports the principle that compliance, and enforcement thereof, should be a fundamental part of the New gTLD Program. As a result, a detailed compliance program should be defined, and appropriate resources should allocated by ICANN, as it finalizes its implementation details for the New gTLD Program

in section 5.3...

 Special Consideration for a Single Registrant, Single User (SRSU)
 Exception.

   What does the word "special" in the heading mean ?