<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

[gnso-vi-feb10] suggested edits & questions

• To: Margie Milam <Margie.Milam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] suggested edits & questions
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 14:46:01 -0400

Ken Stubbs wrote:

some suggested edits:

pg 4 : paragraph currently reads:

As described more fully below, the VI Working Group has not reached a consensus on any recommended proposed model on vertical integration for the New gTLD Program. However, several principles are supported by a [consensus] of the VI Working Group members. A [consensus] of VI Working Group supports the principle that compliance, and enforcement thereof, should be a fundamental part of the New gTLD Program. As a result, a detailed compliance program should be defined, and appropriate resources should allocated by ICANN, as it finalizes its implementation details for the New gTLD Program

suggested wording: (change in parens)
As described more fully below, the VI Working Group has not reached a consensus on any "proposals" on vertical integration for the New gTLD Program. However, several principles are supported by a [consensus] of the VI Working Group members. A [consensus] of VI Working Group supports the principle that compliance, and enforcement thereof, should be a fundamental part of the New gTLD Program. As a result, a detailed compliance program should be defined, and appropriate resources should allocated by ICANN, as it finalizes its implementation details for the New gTLD Program

in section 5.3...

Special Consideration for a Single Registrant, Single User (SRSU)
 Exception.

What does the word "special" in the heading mean ?

On 7/14/2010 10:23 PM, Margie Milam wrote:

Dear All,

In preparation for the call VI call tomorrow, please find attached the First Draft of the Initial Report for your review and consideration.

As you review this Draft, please note that:

· Due to the size of the document (currently over 90 pages!) I have excluded the annexes and provide only the text of the report.

· The SRSU description is especially thin and needs further content from IPC representatives and from NCSG representatives.

· Please disregard any formatting issues as I will be doing a more thorough review of the document as it becomes more final.

· Once the results of the poll are in, someone will need to draft content with any observations that to be included in Section 6.

Unfortunately, I will not be on tomorrow's call, but Marika will manage the call in my absence. I will be in an all-day meeting in MDR, and will follow up with Marika after the VI call.

Best regards,

Margie

Margie Milam

Senior Policy Counselor

ICANN

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy