ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] First Draft of VI Initial Report v.1

  • To: "Margie Milam" <Margie.Milam@xxxxxxxxx>, <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] First Draft of VI Initial Report v.1
  • From: "Kathy Kleiman" <kKleiman@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 14:57:44 -0400

Hi Margie,

Tx for a report that encapsulates well our range of views, our
differences, and our work in a positive and constructive way.
Appreciate it!

I would like to throw my hat into the ring on editing and add a bit to
the end of the Section 4, the Salop & Wright discussion.

(Formatted in attachment and included in text below).

--------------------

[begin addition] It should be noted that Professors Salop and Wright
were asked about "Equivalent Access," and the impact their proposed
changes would make to Equivalent Access, in a discussion with the
Working Group members.  They responded said that they had not considered
the issue. ICANN's Equivalent Access provisions require gTLD registries
to treat all ICANN-accredited registrars equally, and provide registry
data, service, technology and support on an equal basis to all
registrars. It is a policy that the GNSO adopted in its Principles,
Recommendations & Implementation Guidelines (October 22, 2008) with
"support from all GNSO Constituencies:"

               Recommendation 19:

"Registries must use only ICANN accredited registrars in registering
domain names and may not discriminate among such accredited registrars."
http://gnso.icann.org/issues/new-gtlds/ [end addition]

---------------------

Best and tx,

Kathy Kleiman

Director of Policy

.ORG The Public Interest Registry

Direct: +1 703 889-5756  Mobile: +1 703 371-6846

Visit us online!

Check out events & blogs at .ORG Buzz! <http://www.pir.org/orgbuzz>

Find us on Facebook | dotorg
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/dotorg/203294399456?v=wall>

See the .ORG Buzz! Photo Gallery on Flickr <http://flickr.com/orgbuzz>

See our video library on YouTube <http://youtube.com/orgbuzz>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:

Proprietary and confidential to .ORG, The Public Interest Registry.  If
received in error, please inform sender and then delete.