ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Revised SRSU draft text

  • To: <krosette@xxxxxxx>, <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Revised SRSU draft text
  • From: "jarkko.ruuska@xxxxxxxxx" <jarkko.ruuska@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 16:28:49 +0200

Dear all,

My summer holiday is affecting my ways to participate to the work of the group
and that's why I haven't been able to be  in the calls lately.

Anyway, I tend to agree with Jeff in this one. I think the text might be a bit
too complicated.  However, it still manages to capture the essential parts, so
thank you Kristina for taking the time to formulate it.

I also think that SRMU is a case we pretty much rejected as too difficult to
define without risking gaming and abuse. So the the emphasis should definitely
be on the SRSU.

We also previously discussed about limiting the number of names in SRSUs and
about ICANN fees in SRSUs. To my knowledge we didn't arrive to any particular
concensus in these issues, but they could be worth mentioning.

Br,

-jr