ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10] RE: SRSU

  • To: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>, "gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] RE: SRSU
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 11:32:18 -0400

I don't understand this, Jeff N. It seems uncharacteristically unreasonable.
If we are in an "exceptions" procedure (which is forced on us by incumbent
registries and registrars who are worried about encroachment on their markets
by other actors) then clearly a major registry or registrar is not an
"exception." You are already well-ensconced in the dns registration business
and don't need exceptions to get into it. This is just common sense.