ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10] Short-term schedule -- the road to next Friday

  • To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] Short-term schedule -- the road to next Friday
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 12:03:54 -0500

hi all,

as promised, Roberto Margie and i have come up with a short-term schedule for
the next week.  we tried to lay off the weekend as much as we could, but there
are few things going on there.  sorry about that.  here's the list, if you can
think of things we need to add please chime right in.

Friday (24:00 GMT)

-- confirmation of this approach with senior staff (acknowledging that the
report does not contain policy recommendations, that the Council may very
likely delay a decision, that the Board will have access to our report
regardless, etc.) - Margie
-- publish short-interval schedule for the week's work - Mikey/Roberto/leaders
-- launch discussion of "rules for proposal summaries" (length, whether or not
to refer to levels of support, etc.) -- proposal and principle drafting-teams

Saturday - 24:00 GMT

-- publish a 1st-draft approach to polling (what will be polled, how it will be
used, etc.) -- Mikey
-- publish "rules" for writing summaries of proposals -- proposal and principle
drafting teams

Monday -- 24:00 GMT

-- deadline for substantive changes to the content of the report -- all
-- freeze the report from a content standpoint - only edits thereafter -- all
-- finalize approach to polling -- Mikey

Tuesday - 24:00 GMT

-- publish summary-level versions of the Principles -- drafting teams
-- publish proposal summaries for inclusion in Section 6 -- drafting teams

Wednesday - 24:00 GMT

-- publish revised version of the Initial Report -- Margie and Mikey

Thursday - 24:00 GMT

-- final review of the Initial Report draft -- all
-- approve draft for release -- all

Friday - 24:00 GMT

-- release Initial Report to the Council -- Margie
-- open public-comment period -- Margie

phone   651-647-6109
fax             866-280-2356
web     http://www.haven2.com