ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10] Re: "Rules" for proposal-summaries and Principles-summaries

  • To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] Re: "Rules" for proposal-summaries and Principles-summaries
  • From: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 11:55:02 -0700

Re the Exec Summary for each proposal

My recommendation is:

About 250 word limit = 1/2 page
bullet form  (or narrrative) -  but let's make them all the same
purely factual statements of the proposal's features  (e.g.  "treats registry
service providers like registries",  "places no cross ownership limits of
registries or registrars", "has exemption for SRSU which is defined at.....")
no supportive statements or claimed benefits e.g.  "this is in the public
interest because......",  "the advantage of this approach is....",  "this will
prevent harms..",  etc

I think that's the best way for us to get agreement on these statements.

The full proposals will be easily referenced for those who want to read the
details/ benefits.

RT